- Take this medication as directed; do not try to alter the dosing or medication for whatever reason.
- It may take several weeks of taking this medication before you start feeling any changes.
- Some patients may need to drink extra fluid when taking this medication.
- Do not ever break, crush, or chew the extended-release capsule.
- Weight gain may occur.
- People on this medication should not have a salt-free diet.
- Always talk to your doctor if you experience fainting, irregular heart beat, or difficulty breathing when taking Lithium.
- It is important to get periodic blood work done.
- Lithium is a pregnancy category D medication which means the have significant risks and should only be taken when the alternatives are worse. Tell your doctor if you're pregnant or could become pregnant, and also if you are breastfeeding.
Always consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns!!!